Bill Ratner is a two-time BEST OF HOLLYWOODFRINGEEXTENSIONWINNER for his 2013 solo show, BOBBYWOOD, and VOICES IN MY HEAD: A LIFE in 2012.
For Fringe 2014 Bill presented THETRUELIFEADVENTURES OF BARBIEAND G.I. JOE. Forget Mr. Potato Head and cock your weapon, because the world’s toughest team of 3 1/2" super-soldiers lay siege to Barbie’s changing room at The Complex Theaters.
He also played Harold Clurman in Sheana Ochoa’s “Harold & Stella: Love Letters,” running June, 2014 in the Fringe at the Bliss Art House Cafe – 1249 Vine Street. (http://www.hff14.org/1654)
Bill is one of Hollywood’s most successful voiceover performers and a 9-time winner of The Moth StorySLAMs. His stories are featured on KCRW’s “Strangers,” and NPR’s “The Business” and “Good Food.”
• HUFFINGTONPOST: "More than just the premiere voiceover talent in Hollywood, Ratner writes with subtlety and texture worthy of a literary fiction master…far beyond the average one-man show…a mellifluous and wonderfully expressive voice.”
• LA WEEKLY: “High-Caliber Storyteller.”
• LATHEATERCRITIC.COM: “Profound, deeply affecting production…a beautifully written, tender eulogy…a show not to be missed.”
• LA WEEKLY: “A good-humored tale…The story marinates nicely…”
• SHEANAOCHOA.COM: ""How wonderfully he captured what I’ve always called the “randomness” of Los Angeles…It constantly surprises…a wonderful play…"
• ALONGCOMESMARY: “This one-man show is marvelous.”
• GIAONTHEMOVE.COM: “Bill is an exceptional story teller…A MUSTSEE at the Fringe this year.”
• EXAMINER.COM Bob Leggett: “I fell in love with the storytelling of Bill Ratner last year, and this year’s offering is even better…Don’t miss this show!”
• LASTAGETIMES: “Bobby is gone but not forgotten as long as Ratner keeps telling this atmospheric story.”
• EXAMINER.COM Bonnie Priever: “A wonderful tribute to the glory and horrors of old Hollywood…The multitude of characters he portrays in this one man show is a delicious complement to the most simple, basic of sets, and the accompaniment of masterful pianist/musician Jonathan Menchin.”
REVIEWS OF THETRUELIFEADVENTURES OF BARBIE & GI JOE:
• LIFEINLA.COM Patrick Hurley: “Mr. Ratner has a commanding voice and presence…”
• 21ST CENTURYMARILYN Sandy Mansson: “Go and see The True Life Advnentures of Barbie and G.I.Joe and you wil find out what happens when you let boys play with dolls…It is masterfully performed by VO artist Bill Ratner and actor Clay Wilcox…”
Bill is heard on movie trailers for The Emoji Movie, Despicable Me 3, Inside Out, Antman, Peabody & Sherman, Rio 2, Will Ferrell’s The Campaign, Talladega Nights, promos for CBS-TV, Adult Swim, TNT, ABC-TV, commercials for V-8, Sprint, Pizza Hut, Hyundai, and he is the voice of “Flint” on the original G.I. Joe animated series – a role he reprised for Robot Chicken, Community, and Family Guy. He is “Donnel Udina” in Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3; he narrates documentaries for Discovery, Smithsonian and History Channel, and performs in nightclubs, theaters, and storytelling festivals around the country.
Bill teaches voiceovers for SAG-AFTRA, and the Screen Actors Guild Foundation Don La Fontaine Memorial Voiceover Laboratory where he serves on the advisory board. His non-fiction book of essays, Parenting for the Digital Age, is a National Indie Excellence Award Winner. He is a member of Screen Actors Guild-AFTRA, Actors Equity, National Storytelling Network, and International Storytelling Network.